Denver, CO – With Spring here and Summer on the horizon let’s take a look at the top 7 Sports Patios in Denver. We will take a look at patios in Lodo as well as patios around the metro area. Criteria include location, view, food, and of course people watching.
7. – Govnr’s Park – Cheeseman Park. 672 Logan St. www.govnrspark.com Although not necessarily a sports bar, Govnr’s Park offers a great outdoor patio with excellent bar fare and a great selection of food and beer. Bring your dog and leash him up next to your table and enjoy the ambiance. My favorites include the great selection of sliders from your traditional beef sliders to cubano sliders with pickles and ham. Also they offer daily blue plate specials and have a vast selection of beers. New to Govnr’s Park is Manning Mondays – get a pitcher of beer and a pizza for $18.
6. – Falling Rock Tap House – Lodo. 1919 Blake Street. www.fallingrocktaphouse.com I wrote an article about Falling Rock in our Great Sports Eats category at www.Denversportschat.com last week. One of the best tap beer selections in Denver along with good bar eats, Falling Rock offers a great start to any game day – just get there early to secure a spot on the patio – great people watching and a short distance from Coors Field.
5. – Lola – Highlands. 1575 Boulder St. www.loladenver.com Chef Jamey Fader brings his vast cooking experience to Denver. The best time to hit up Lola is for Happy Hour. All night Monday, T-F 4-6PM and Saturday and Sunday 2:30 – 5PM. Head straight for the patio early to get a seat and enjoy happy hour deals that include various taco options (some come with a beer), fried pickles, queso fundido and Lola guacamole top the list of small plate. For larger options pick the fried calamari or dive into barbacoa enchiladas to get your Mexican fare.
4. – My Brothers Bar – Near REI, 2376 15th St. No Website. My Brother’s Bar has been around for many years as a staple place to get some good grub and enjoy their outdoor patio. Located right next to the flagship location of REI downtown, you are actually within walking distance of Coors Field. You can even park in the REI overflow parking lot for free. Traditional bar food includes Jalapeno poppers, grilled cheese and a great selection of burgers. And as with all of our top patios, an excellent selection of beer and other libations.
3. – Tavern Downtown – Lodo, 1949 Market St. www.tavernhg.com/downtown. Previously the Soiled Dove, the Tavern group came in and redesigned the entire restaurant and expanded the patio to make it easier to access and increased the size of the bar. There are many Tavern restaurants in Denver, but the downtown location has by far the best patio of them. This Thursday the Tavern is hosting the Denver Broncos draft party with player appearances and different food and drink specials starting at 5:30. Look for the DSC staff and let’s chat about some Denver sports.
2. – Lodo Downtown - Lodo, 1946 Market St. www.lodosbarandgrill.com Lodo’s for years has been the staple patio to hit up not just during the Colorado Rockies season, but year round. Happy hour is from 3-6PM and 10PM – close M-F as well as daily specials on food and drink including ladies night on Thursdays. Food includes great appetizers like Jalapeno spinach dip, wings and Southwest Cigars. Full plates are your traditional burgers and sandwiches as well as an excellent selection of Tacos and salads. Lodo’s even includes a selection of Gluten Free options.
1.- Lodo Highlands Ranch – 8545 S. Quebec St www.lodosbarandgrill.com The Lodo’s location in Highlands Ranch boast by far the best patio in the Denver area. During the winter Lodo’s went through a HUGE makeover of their roof top patio increasing the amount of seating and drastically improving and increasing the size of the bar. The view from the roof gives the best vista in Denver giving the patron a view of the entire Denver mountain range and also has uncovered and covered options with your seating. Happy Hour here is a little longer than the downtown location from 3-7PM M-F. Deals include $2.50 well, wine and domestic drafts. The food menu for happy hour includes $3.99 sliders, Nachos and spinach dip. Daily specials include $2.75 drafts all day on Tuesday, and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday with bottomless Mimosas.
Let us know what you think of our rankings and let us know your favorite patios in Denver.