- With the first round of the NBA Playoffs basically over (Game 7 of Grizzlies vs Clippers is today), let’s take a look at how my first round forecasts panned out. Predictions were made on April 27 in a previous column….(my predictions are in italics)….
- Spurs over Jazz in 5 – San Antonio swept Utah, and look to be under the radar title contenders yet again.
- Thunder over Mavericks in 5 – Oklahoma City swept Dallas, and are my choice to win the NBA title.
- Lakers over Nuggets in 7 – Had this one spot on, as the Nuggets did end up pushing L.A. to the brink.
- Grizzlies over Clippers in 7 – The Clippers won Game 7 on the road. I had Memphis in 7, so I missed this one.
- Bulls over 76ers in 4 – You can basically throw this one out, as Derrick Rose tore his ACL in Game 1. Sixers won in 6.
- Heat over Knicks in 5 – Got this one perfectly correct, as Miami bounced Carmelo’s posse in 5.
- Pacers over Magic in 5 – Indiana did eliminate Orlando in 5, and will test Miami in round two.
- Celtics over Hawks in 6 – Boston did defeat Atlanta in 6, and will now face Philly in the semis.
- Got 6 of the 8 1st round series correct, and would have been 7 for 8 had Rose not gotten hurt ………On to round 2, and here is my forecast….
- Spurs over Clippers in 5 – The Clippers just had a grueling series against Memphis, and San Antonio is well rested. The Spurs are playing exceptionally well, and will move on with relative ease.
- Thunder over Lakers in 6 – What a series this will be. Oklahoma City is just too young and too deep, and are extremely hungry. L.A. will get exposed as being too old, as the Thunder will send the Lakers home for the summer.
- Heat over Pacers in 5 – Indiana is very underrated, but Miami is on a mission. The Heat have the three best players in this series, and that will mean Miami moves on to the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Celtics over 76ers in 6 – Boston got lucky here, as they won’t have to face Derrick Rose and the Bulls. Boston is making their final push with Garnett, Allen, and Pierce, and will eliminate Philly here.
Now is when the playoffs get really interesting, as Thunder vs Lakers will be the most fun series to watch. If things go according to plan, we should have Spurs vs Thunder and Celtics vs Heat in the Conference Finals!
Denver Sports by J Simp
Grab an NFL Sweatshirt Today